Wheat Bags Bottle Shaped Heat Pack (Value Cotton Range)
The Wheat Bags Bottle Shaped Value Cotton Heat Pack is a microwave heat pack made in the UK, designed to resemble a traditional hot water bottle in shape but filled with wheat.
- Wheat bag to replace a traditional hot water bottle.
- Body warmer made with a robust non-woven fabric.
- Heat pack warms your body during cold weather.
- British Safety Standards compliant (BS8433).
- Trusted WheatyBags® brand.
- Made in the UK.
The Value Cotton Hot Wheat Bottle Body Warmer from WheatyBags® is a safer, more effective replacement for your ailing hot water bottle. Filled with cleaned, CE-approved, locally sourced wheat - there is no emptying or refilling involved with this wheat bag. This lovely body warmer is the perfect companion during cold weather and is ideal for those looking to save water. As we manufacture this microwave heat pack in the UK, you can be rest assured that what you receive is of impeccable quality.
The pure cotton fabric we use in the manufacture of this wheat bag is highly robust and has been specially formulated to withstand consistent, repeated use over a period of time. As with all of the heat packs in the WheatyBags range, this bag offers outstanding heat retention, which makes it a convenient tool for targeting strains, aches and pains. If you find the smell of lavender therapeutic, we offer a beautifully fragranced Provence lavender option, where we mix dried flower buds in with the wheat.
Customer safety is paramount to us here at WheatyBags®. The Value Cotton Hot Wheat Bottle Body Warmer is fully compliant with British Safety Standards (BS8433). This means that our microwave heat packs have undergone thorough testing to ensure their safety. Full heating instructions are provided with this body warmer, so please read carefully before use.
MAXIMUM MICROWAVE HEATING TIMES FOR THIS PRODUCT:
600w - 750w RATING - 2.5 MINUTES
800w - 1000w RATING - 2 MINUTES
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: Please take care heating this wheat filled product and be careful not to burn the contents inside. If you smell a burnt smell, the heat pack is best thrown away and a new one purchased.
- Remove all tags and ensure the product is clean and dry before use.
- Use the maximum heating guide (below) to determine the correct heating times.
- Ensure all grilling / browning facilities are turned off and do not place near a direct heat source.
- When first heated, the product will feel damp though this is quite normal and will stop after a few uses.
- After this time we recommend placing a small cup of water in the microwave when heating.
In order to comply with BS8433:2004 we are obliged to tell you of the following.
- WARNING - THIS PRODUCT CAN CAUSE BURNS.
- AVOID PROLONGED DIRECT CONTACT WITH THE SKIN.
- TAKE CARE WHEN REMOVING FROM THE MICROWAVE OVEN.
- DO NOT INGEST CONTENTS.
- DO NOT OVERHEAT.
- FOR MICROWAVE USE ONLY.
- HEATED PRODUCTS SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN TO CHILDREN.
MAXIMUM HEATING (AND CHILLING) TIMES FOR THE PRODUCT ARE ATTACHED TO THE PRODUCT BY SEWN-ON LABEL AND CARD SWING TAG WHICH SHOULD BE RETAINED FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
- ONLY REHEAT FROM ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- DO NOT FOLD ITEM IN HALF TO HEAT.
- HEAT WITHOUT REMOVABLE COVERS IF SUPPLIED WITH THIS ITEM.
- SURFACE CLEAN WITH A DAMP CLOTH.
- Do not wash the heat pack with the wheat inside.
- Only clean this part with a damp cloth.
- Optional removable covers if available for this product can be removed and cleaned in accordance with the washing instructions label on the cover.
- Asthma Sufferers should be aware this product contains wheatgerm.
- In the event of overheating, let the item stand in a safe place and do not touch until cooled.
- Dispose of in the normal household waste if worn or damaged.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Ensure that the microwave turntable can rotate freely.
TO USE COLD:
- Wrap the pack in a plastic bag (to keep it clean).
- Place in the FRIDGE or FREEZER for 1-3 hours.
- Remove from plastic bag before use.
- Be cautious and check your skin to avoid any possibility of freezer-burn and use a towel on your body with the pack on top to avoid direct contact with the skin.
- DO NOT PLACE THIS ITEM IN THE FREEZER IF USING ON THE EYES.
Cleaning with removable cover option (where appropriate):
- Remove the Inner Product from the outer fabric cover.
- Do not wash or get the Inner Product contents wet.
- Warm hand or delicate machine wash max. 40 degrees.
- Wash with like colours or seperately by hand in warm water.
- For best results, lay flat on a suitable surface to air-dry.
Cleaning without removable cover option:
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to hand clean the Outer Product Fabric.
- Do not get the inner contents wet.
- Air dry before using the product.
Are these products a medical product?
No. Clear Prospects Ltd manufactures WheatyBags® microwave heat packs which have been tested to safety standard BS8433:2004. We are not Doctors and our products are not medical products (our heat packs are simple microwave heat packs that provide warmth and comfort). If you are unsure about their use, we recommend you consult your doctor before using heat packs in general.
How long should the heat pack be put into the microwave or chill in the freezer?
Please read the “Instructions” shown on our web site in each Product as the heating and cooling instructions vary by product. All our heat packs have been safety tested and come with instructions labels sewn into the product itself and on a card attachment to be retained for safe reference.
Is it normal that my heat pack feels damp when microwaving?
Yes. When you first microwave the heat pack the contents inside will feel damp. This will subside after a few heating cycles and is quite normal especially if you have selected the (polyester) fleece fabric covers. Cotton is much more absorbant and breathable and will lessen theinitial damp effect. Do not overheat the wheat bag to attempt to dry it out.
What happens if I microwave the heat pack for too long or it burns?
Please be very careful not to overheat the heat pack. If overheated they can catch fire which is very dangerous. Overheating can be caused by food or contamination from your microwave so it is important that the microwave is clean before you heat the product.
If overheating occurs, remove from the microwave and put in a safe place while it cools (perhaps outside). Do not use again until the product has returned to room temperature. If it is giving off a 'burnt' smell or has small burn marks on the fabric, you have overheated the product and it must be disposed of being careful that the product is not actually burning. A replacement product would then have to be purchased.
Can I wash my Heat Pack?
Do not place the full heat pack in the washing machine or get the contents wet as it can damage the product. It is advised that you surface clean with a damp cloth or sponge to clean the product. If the product becomes wet then it needs to be dried out before the wheat inside germinates and we suggest placing the product in a warm room to dry at room temperature. If the wheat inside does germinate then we do not recommend that you use the wheat bag.
Can I purchase removable covers that can be washed for my heat pack?
On most of our products you will see the option to purchase a removeable cover for cleaning. If this is shown as an option then this cover is removable from the main heat pack and can be washed with like colours in the washing machine or by hand at a low temperature of 30 to 40 degrees.
Is it possible to warm the heat pack other than the microwave?
No. Our heat packs are safety tested to be exclusively heated in a microwave.
How do I fit a larger heat pack in my small microwave?
Some of our products are larger when flat than the size of smaller microwaves. It is ok to “loosley scrunch up" the heat pack lightly to fit into the microwave but is important not to fold the pack in half tightly as this can create hot spots when heating.
Are these heat packs suitable for young children?
No. We do not recommend that heat packs are given the very young children under the age of 3 years old. Adult supervision should always be provided and should only be heated by an adult with great care.
How do the Value Cotton heat packs differ to the main WheatyBags®?
Our Value Cotton heat packs are made very simply from fabrics we have available and made in bulk ready to sell at the lowest possible cost to you. The value cotton fabric tends to be slightly thinner than the premium outer (normal) fabric we use though remains strong, natural and suitable for purpose and keeps costs as low as possible for you.
Are the Value Cotton heat packs safe to use?
Yes. All have been tested in the same way as our premium range and you can rest assured of the same safety standards used on all the products in the core WheatyBags® brand range.
Do these products come with heating instructions?
Yes. All instructions are on a sewn on label and a card reminder label attached to the product.
Can the Value Range be personalised?
Are there other options I can choose from in the Value Cotton products?
All options you have are shown within the product. No other options are available other than those shown online when ordering to keep matters as simple and low cost as possible.
The information below is for guidance. Actual delivery costs and dates depend on the delivery address, weight and time your order is placed. Cut-off time for Overnight Orders is 12 noon.
|Price||Method||Manufacture Time||Delivery Time||Est. Delivery Date|
|£2.95||Royal Mail - 2nd Class||1-2 Days||2-4 Days||Tue 24 Sep - Fri 27 Sep|
|£4.96||Royal Mail - 1st Class||1-2 Days||1-3 Days||Mon 23 Sep - Thu 26 Sep|
|£10.19||Courier - Economy (M-F Pre 6pm)||1-2 Days||2-3 Days||Tue 24 Sep - Thu 26 Sep|
|£12.95||Courier - Overnight (M-F Pre 6pm)||1-2 Days||1-2 Days||Mon 23 Sep - Wed 25 Sep|
|£12.95||Royal Mail - Special Delivery (Pre 1pm)||Monday||Next Working Day||Mon 23 Sep|
|£14.95||Royal Mail - Special Delivery (Saturday Pre 1pm)||Monday||This Saturday||Sat 21 Sep|
|£24.95||Courier - Economy (M-F Pre 6pm)||1-2 Days||2-4 Days||Tue 24 Sep - Fri 27 Sep|
|£24.95||Royal Mail - Special Delivery (Pre 9am)||Monday||Next Working Day||Mon 23 Sep|
|£29.95||Royal Mail - Special Delivery (Saturday Pre 9am)||Monday||This Saturday||Sat 21 Sep|
|Availability||Available to Order|
|Despatch||Priority 1-2 Days (Overnight Delivery Available)|
|Filling||Wheat, Optional Lavender|
|Approximate Dimensions||35cm x 22cm x 2cm|
|Country of Origin||United Kingdom|
|Tariff Description||Heat Pack - Wheat Filled with Fabric Cover|