Wheat Bags Eye Mask Heat Pack for Dry Eyes (Wheat Filling)
Wheat Bags Eye Mask Heat Packs from WheatyBags® are a heat pack filled with wheat and can be warmed in the microwave to help relieve problems such as dry eyes.
- UK Made Wheat Bags.
- BS8433 Safety Tested.
- Natural CE approved cleaned wheat.
- Heat in the microwave or chill in the freezer.
- Approx. 18cm by 11.5cm.
- Optional fastenings to hold in place.
- Optional lavender.
- Optional removable cover.
- Trusted WheatyBags® brand.
The Wheat Bags heat pack for the eyes is a very popular item for sufferers of dry eyes or similar. It is a small kidney shaped pack that is light in weight and contains just the right amount of wheat to retain heat in use.
Heat loss During Testing
When heated to the recommended guidelines (at 1000w), we tested the product fully and found the following:
- The Eye heat pack reached a maximum 49 degrees which a gentle heat.
- That it retained a useful heat for 1 hour depending on the conditions of use.
- After 1 heating cycle and 1 hour of continual use, this microwave heat pack had only lost 39% of its peak temperature heat which is excellent when it comes to heat loss after warming in the microwave
The use of warmth on the eyes can be used as an eye product which is natural, pleasant to use and is performed as a regular routine that removes the blockages that are the underlying cause of related eye conditions. This information on dry eyes was taken from the internet.
MAXIMUM MICROWAVE HEATING TIMES FOR THIS PRODUCT:
600w - 750w RATING - 45 SECONDS
800w - 1000w RATING - 30 SECONDS
This product is entirely natural and easy to use. It is designed as a gentle warming or chilling product to be applied over the face to ease discomfort though it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to take great care not to over-heat or over-chill the product when placing on your face.
Please follow our heating and chilling instructions carefully and use your own judgement - if you are experiencing any discomfort from the pack then stop using immediately. If you want medical advice, please ask your Doctor.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: Please take care heating this wheat filled product and be careful not to burn the contents inside. If you smell a burnt smell, the heat pack is best thrown away and a new one purchased.
- Remove all tags and ensure the product is clean and dry before use.
- Use the maximum heating guide (below) to determine the correct heating times.
- Ensure all grilling / browning facilities are turned off and do not place near a direct heat source.
- When first heated, the product will feel damp though this is quite normal and will stop after a few uses.
- After this time we recommend placing a small cup of water in the microwave when heating.
In order to comply with BS8433:2004 we are obliged to tell you of the following.
- WARNING - THIS PRODUCT CAN CAUSE BURNS.
- AVOID PROLONGED DIRECT WITH THE SKIN.
- TAKE CARE WHEN REMOVING FROM THE MICROWAVE OVEN.
- DO NOT INGEST CONTENTS.
- DO NOT OVERHEAT.
- FOR MICROWAVE USE ONLY.
- HEATED PRODUCTS SHOULD NOT BE GIVEN TO CHILDREN.
MAXIMUM HEATING (AND CHILLING) TIMES FOR THE PRODUCT ARE ATTACHED TO THE PRODUCT BY SEWN-ON LABEL AND CARD SWING TAG WHICH SHOULD BE RETAINED FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
- ONLY REHEAT FROM ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- DO NOT FOLD ITEM IN HALF TO HEAT.
- HEAT WITHOUT REMOVABLE COVERS IF SUPPLIED WITH THIS ITEM.
- SURFACE CLEAN WITH A DAMP CLOTH.
- Do not wash the heat pack with the wheat inside.
- Only clean this part with a damp cloth.
- Optional removable covers if available for this product can be removed and cleaned in accordance with the washing instructions label on the cover.
- Asthma Sufferers should be aware this product contains wheatgerm.
- In the event of overheating, let the item stand in a safe place and do not touch until cooled.
- Dispose of in the normal household waste if worn or damaged.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Ensure that the microwave turntable can rotate freely.
TO USE COLD:
- Wrap the pack in a plastic bag (to keep it clean).
- Place in the FRIDGE or FREEZER for 1-3 hours.
- Remove from plastic bag before use.
- Be cautious and check your skin to avoid any possibility of freezer-burn and use a towel on your body with the pack on top to avoid direct contact with the skin.
- DO NOT PLACE THIS ITEM IN THE FREEZER IF USING ON THE EYES.
If you purchase this Product with the option for "Removable Cover" for cleaning, the outer removable cover will be supplied in the fabric and colour of your choice. The inner pack will be manufactured from a fabric and colour of our choice depending on supplies available at the time of manufacture (usually our natural value cotton fabric depending on the product).
Cleaning with removable cover option (where appropriate):
- Remove the Inner Product from the outer fabric cover.
- Do not wash or get the Inner Product contents wet.
- Warm hand or delicate machine wash max. 40 degrees.
- Wash with like colours or seperately by hand in warm water.
- For best results, lay flat on a suitable surface to air-dry.
Cleaning without removable cover option:
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to hand clean the Outer Product Fabric.
- Do not get the inner contents wet.
- Air dry before using the product.
Are these products a medical product?
No. Clear Prospects Ltd manufactures WheatyBags® microwave heat packs which have been tested to safety standard BS8433:2004. We are not Doctors and our products are not medical products (our heat packs are simple microwave heat packs that provide warmth and comfort to the area in use on the body). If you are unsure, we recommend you consult your doctor before using heat packs in general though we would appreciate any comments you may have on for us to share with new customers seeking news on your own use of our heat packs.
How long should the heat pack be put into the microwave or chill in the freezer?
Please read the “Instructions” shown on our web site in each Product as the heating and cooling instructions vary by product. All our heat packs have been safety tested and come with instructions labels sewn into the product itself and on a card attachment to be retained for safe reference.
Is it normal that my heat pack feels damp when microwaving?
Yes. When you first microwave the heat pack the contents inside will feel damp. This will subside after a few heating cycles and is quite normal especially if you have selected the (polyester) fleece fabric covers. Cotton is much more absorbant and breathable and will lessen theinitial damp effect. Do not overheat the wheat bag to attempt to dry it out.
What happens if I microwave the heat pack for too long or it burns?
Please be very careful not to overheat the heat pack. If overheated they can catch fire which is very dangerous. Overheating can be caused by food or contamination from your microwave so it is important that the microwave is clean before you heat the product.
If overheating occurs, remove from the microwave and put in a safe place while it cools (perhaps outside). Do not use again until the product has returned to room temperature. If it is giving off a 'burnt' smell or has small burn marks on the fabric, you have overheated the product and it must be disposed of being careful that the product is not actually burning. A replacement product would then have to be purchased.
Can I wash my Heat Pack?
Do not place the full heat pack in the washing machine or get the contents wet as it can damage the product. It is advised that you surface clean with a damp cloth or sponge to clean the product. If the product becomes wet then it needs to be dried out before the wheat inside germinates and we suggest placing the product in a warm room to dry at room temperature. If the wheat inside does germinate then we do not recommend that you use the wheat bag.
Can I purchase removable covers that can be washed for my heat pack?
On most of our products you will see the option to purchase a removeable cover for cleaning. If this is shown as an option then this cover is removable from the main heat pack and can be washed with like colours in the washing machine or by hand at a low temperature of 30 to 40 degrees.
Is it possible to warm the heat pack other than the microwave?
No. Our heat packs are safety tested to be exclusively heated in a microwave.
How do I fit a larger heat pack in my small microwave?
Some of our products are larger when flat than the size of smaller microwaves. It is ok to “loosley scrunch up" the heat pack lightly to fit into the microwave but is important not to fold the pack in half tightly as this can create hot spots when heating.
Are these heat packs suitable for young children?
No. We do not recommend that heat packs are given the very young children under the age of 3 years old. Adult supervision should always be provided and should only be heated by an adult with great care.
The information below is for guidance. Actual delivery costs and dates depend on the delivery address, weight and time your order is placed. Cut-off time for Overnight Orders is 12 noon.
|Price||Method||Manufacture Time||Delivery Time||Est. Delivery Date|
|£2.95||Royal Mail - 2nd Class||3-4 Days||2-4 Days||Tue 2 Oct - Fri 5 Oct|
|£6.25||Royal Mail - 1st Class||3-4 Days||1-3 Days||Mon 1 Oct - Thu 4 Oct|
|£9.95||Courier - Economy (M-F Pre 6pm)||3-4 Days||2-3 Days||Tue 2 Oct - Thu 4 Oct|
|£12.95||Courier - Overnight (M-F Pre 6pm)||3-4 Days||1-2 Days||Mon 1 Oct - Wed 3 Oct|
|£12.95||Royal Mail - Special Delivery (Pre 1pm)||Monday||Next Working Day||Thu 27 Sep|
|£14.95||Royal Mail - Special Delivery (Saturday Pre 1pm)||Monday||This Saturday||Sat 29 Sep|
|£24.95||Royal Mail - Special Delivery (Pre 9am)||Monday||Next Working Day||Thu 27 Sep|
|£29.95||Courier - Economy (M-F Pre 6pm)||3-4 Days||2-4 Days||Tue 2 Oct - Fri 5 Oct|
|£34.96||Royal Mail - Special Delivery (Saturday Pre 9am)||Monday||This Saturday||Sat 29 Sep|
|Availability||Available to Order|
|Despatch||Made to order (not personalised) 3-4 Working Day Despatch|
|Approximate Dimensions||11.5cm x 18cm x 1.5cm|
|Country of Origin||United Kingdom|